Complete Ready-To-Go Systems That Include High-Speed Satellite Internet Using iDirect Technology.
Flyaway Toughsat XP .98 Meter Dish – $19,749 Complete Ready-To-Go Systems
Flyaway Toughsat XP 1.2 Meter Dish – $22,749 Complete Ready-To-Go Systems
Flyaway Toughsat SP .98 Meter Dish – $16,249 Complete Ready-To-Go Systems
A Case-Based Mobile Satellite Internet System
The portable Flyaway Toughsat mobile satellite system, manufactured by Ground Control, is easily transported and deployed by one person for high-speed satellite Internet service from anywhere. Our performance iDirect service delivers speeds of 5 Mbps down (Megabits per second) by 2 Mbps up. And since the system includes an integrated Wi-Fi access point, this portable mobile satellite dish becomes a multi-purpose hotspot and phone connection point in minutes. Our pricing reflects complete ready-to-go systems, so don’t be fooled by less expensive solutions that fail to include routers, radios, or other necessary equipment in their pricing.
Use or Mount The Toughsat Flyaway ANYWHERE
Ground Mount – Vehicle Mount – Truck & Trailer Mount – All-In-One Mounting Solution
Our Flyaway is more than a traditional Flyaway VSAT System… it’s designed to mount in every location you will find any mobile VSAT system. The multi-functional Fly-And-Drive stabilization brackets work for both ground mounting and roof rack mounts… even rental vehicles!
Since the Flyaway lid is impervious to weather, mount the lid to any mobile surface, such as a flatbed trailer. For permanent installations on top of trucks and trailers, you may purchase an inexpensive mounting kit that is permanently mounted on a truck or trailer roof. Simply remove the 6 nuts that hold the Toughsat mount on the Flyaway lid, and then fasten it to the permanent mount on the truck with the same 6 nuts. Use the same cables and rolling rackmount equipment and you’ve got a fully functional “permanent” roof mounted mobile VSAT.
And since it’s a Toughsat, it can be stowed and redeployed like any of our mobile satellite systems.
One Operator Simplicity – No Certification Required
Once the system is assembled (see video above) operation is as easy as pressing the “Deploy” button. The system will deploy, lock on satellite in about 3.5 minutes and create a Wi-Fi access point for high-speed Internet automatically. It’s that simple!
Now In Black
All Flyaway Toughsat Cases use advanced lightweight composite paneling that is highly reinforced, impact and scratch resistant, and UV protected from fading.
Complete Ready-To-Go Systems Include
- The Toughsat XP .98 or 1.2 Meter Mobile System inside reinforced case (shippable).
- The Toughsat TS1 ACU (1 RU) with integrated 4-port wireless router.
- The powerful iDirect Evolution X5 Satellite Router (1.5 RU 12″ depth).
- Power Conditioner (1 RU) for 8 AC plugs. Flyaway may be powered by small 150 Watt Inverter.
- 50′ (14 meters) cable run so electronics case may be located in a nearby structure or tent.
- The rolling rackmount case (6 RU front 6RU back) for system electronics. (shippable).
- There is available space in case for customer electronics such as VPN or video encoder.
- The .98 or 1.2 Meter dish with reinforced, double stitched, heavy-duty shippable bag.
- Fly-And-Drive & Ground Mount bracketing with dolly in a heavy-duty bag (shipping compliant).
- Optional Honda EU1000i ultra-quiet 1000 watt or EU2000i – 2000 watt portable generator.
- Standard Warranty – 1 year parts and on-site labor.
- Extended 12 & 24 month warranties and Lifetime Radio Electronics warranties available.
- Heavy-duty all-weather construction, fully designed and manufactured by Ground Control.
- Bundled with our performance iDirect service providing 5Mbps x 2Mbps Internet speeds.
- We offer special service pricing for Public Safety Organizations. SAFECOM compliant.
- The Flyaway Toughsat may be deployed and operated by anyone with little or no training.
- Establishes a self-contained local area wireless “G” network (100′ radius) automatically.
- Works in extreme environments (rain, hail, hot, cold). The case lid is unaffected by weather.
- Ideal for VoIP phone service with low latency (500-650ms) iDirect.
- The XP is rated to stream live video at 4000 Kbps CIR 1:1
- SNG rated. Perfect for news stations or live event broadcasters.
- Excellent back-up Internet for emergency organizational use… activate Internet service anytime.
- Fly-And-Drive bracketing is universal, even for most rental vehicle roof racks.
- Setup and operation requires little or no training.
- Can be moved, setup and operated by one person.
- 150 watts max draw (90w avg).
- Works with any country power. US, UK, EU, AU, and Brazil power plugs available.
- .98m dish will withstand winds speeds of 20 MPH (32kph) without added weight.
- A powerful 6 Watt transmitter (BUC).
- All system bags/cases are under UPS-FedEx-DHL shipping weight limits.
|Main Case (All Toughsat Systems)
Main case dimensions of 1.2 m Flyaway are identical to .98 m Flyaway, only the dish itself is larger.
|Transmitter (BUC) Size (XP)||6 Watts|
|Transmitter (BUC) Size (SP)||6 Watts|
External Dimensions L x W x H
|61.25″ x 21.75″ x 16″ (155.6 x 55.24 x 40.64 cm) – all cases
|.98 Meter Weight (loaded)||149 lbs (67.59kg) – Under UPS/FedEx/DHL shipping weight limits|
1.2 Meter Weight (loaded)
|160 lbs (72.57kg)|
|Toughsat XP Details||Toughsat XP .98 & 1.2 Meter Mobile Satellite System|
|Toughsat SP Details||Toughsat SP .98 Meter Mobile Satellite System|
|Satellite Dish & Bag|
.98 Meter Dimensions
|39″W x 4″D (99 x 10.16 cm)|
.98 Weight (with dish)
|26 lbs (11.79 kg)|
|1.2 Meter Dimensions||48″W x 5″D (122 x 12.7 cm)|
|1.2 Weight (with dish)||35 lbs (15.88 kg)|
|Rackmount Electronics Case (6RU front, 6RU Back 19″ wide x 19″ deep)|
External Dimensions L x W x H
|21.75″ x 24.75″ x 14 (55.24 x 62.86 x 35.56 cm)|
|33 lbs (14.97 kg)|
|TS1 Dish ACU 1 RU (Wireless “G” Router AP w/ 100′ radius range)|
|iDirect Evolution X5 Gateway – Satellite Modem 1.5 RU|
|Power Conditioner 1 RU (with 8 AC plugs)|
|2.5 RU available space for customer use (6 RU for back rack mounting)|
|50′ (15.3M) cable run between mobile mount and dish ACU|
|Power Plug Types – US, UK, EU, AU, Brazil|
|Fly-And-Drive Bracketing & Dolly Bag (same for both .98 and 1.2 meter systems)|
External Dimensions L x W x H
|62″ x 8″ x 8″ (158 x 20 x 20 cm)|
|28 lbs (13 kg)|