The iSavi by Wideye is a sleek, portable satellite terminal, capable of connecting multiple devices at once, and designed specifically for your smartphone or tablet. With data speeds up to 380 Kbps down and 240 Kbps up, the iSavi delivers faster internet connections than any comparable IsatHub device, and the free downloadable Voice App gives you ultra-reliable, high-quality voice calling directly from your iPhone, iPad or Android device over the Inmarsat global satellite network.
Check out our IsatHub Rate Plans
iSavi Support Docs
Putting Satellite onto your Smartphone
Developed to connect your iPhone, iPad or Android device directly to the Inmarsat system of global communication satellites, iSavi is a new generation of personal satellite connectivity device. It’s simple to set-up and use, with no technical training required, so you can seamlessly remain in contact without ever changing your smartphone habits: update your Facebook status, send and receive sms and emails, surf the web, call any mobile phone or landline anywhere. From the edge of Antarctica to the northernmost edge of Alaska, the iSavi extends the range of your smartphone beyond the reach of cell phones or terrestrial networks with its reliable, robust satellite connectivity.
Designed for Your Smartphone or Tablet
The iSavi is designed to work seamlessly with your smartphone or tablet so you don’t need to change the way you stay in contact, no matter where you go. Compact and lightweight, the iSavi can be stowed in a briefcase or knapsack and taken wherever you need to take it – wherever you take your smartphone or tablet.
Built for the new IsatHub global satellite service for iOS and Android devices, the iSavi gives you satellite connectivity at an affordable price, with tools that help you manage your usage and keep your costs low. The free, downloadable IsatHub Control App gives you full control of how and when you use the IsatHub service right from your iPhone, iPad or Android device, enabling you to connect multiple Wi-Fi devices at once, view the data usage of each device, and manage which devices can access your connection.
The iSavi can be set-up quickly and easily, so you can focus on the things that are important to you. Weighing just 850g (1.9 lbs), with dimensions of 179 x 170 x 30 mm (7.0 x 6.7 x 1.2 in) the iSavi is the size of a small tablet computer, with a sleek profile and rugged casing ideal for business or adventure travel. Just turn it on, flip-up the integrated antenna, point it towards one of the Inmarsat satellites, and you are ready to go. The LED indicators make this part easy. With its 30m Wi-Fi range (100 ft), the iSavi is a highly-portable communications hub, designed for your smartphone and ready to go whenever you need it.
Personal Satellite Connectivity
The iSavi is a new generation of what we at BlueCosmo call “personal satellite connectivity” because it’s made specifically to integrate with the way you already communicate. By bringing satellite connectivity onto your smartphone, and into the app-based environment you are accustomed to already, the iSavi enhances and extends your personal communication capabilities, without changing the way you communicate. Whether its Facebook or Instagram, SMS, voice or email, personal satellite connectivity means you can use your own smartphone and go beyond the range of cell phones or terrestrial networks, to regions that are only reachable by satellite, with a level of crisis-proven network reliability un-matched by any other communication solution. Dial your home office from an deep-sea oil-rig, update your status from the Amazon Basin, send an SMS from the shores of the Bering Straight, all using your own iPhone, or Android device.
Global Reach with Your Own Smartphone
Satellite networks are made to meet critical communication needs from locations un-reachable by any other technology. But how you communicate should be up to you. With the iSavi portable terminal and IsatHub global service, you can stay connected in the ways you already know, using the devices you already own. Now is the time to take the ultra-reliable, crisis-proven Inmarsat satellite network, and put it on your smartphone.
- Voice Calls, Text Messaging (SMS), Email & Internet from just about anywhere with your smartphone, tablet, PC or Mac
- IsatHub Control & Voice Apps works with iPhone, iPad and Android devices – free from App Store or Google Play Store
- Broadband data speeds of up to 384 Kbps down, 240 Kbps up
- Global coverage except poles (not recommended above 60° N or 60° S latitudes)
- Easy setup, just point terminal with visual indicators and connect
- IsatHub supports all your smartphone or tablet applications, use them as normal
- VoIP Support – Call any phone worldwide with applications such as Skype, Facetime or Google Voice
- Wireless range up to 100 feet (30 meters) from the iSavi terminal
- iSavi terminal weighs 1.95 lbs (885 grams)
- iSavi Physical dimension are 7.1″ x 6.7″ x 1.2″ (179 x 170 x 30 mm)
- Up to 8 hours standby, 2 hours transmit (at max power 100% of the time)
- Inmarsat IsatHub Network availability 99.9% up-time
Inmarsat IsatHub iSavi Terminal Specs
Apps – Satellite Phone Applications
- Developed for iOS (iPhone, iPad) and Android smartphones and tablets (iOS 6/Andriod 4.1 or higher)
- Voice App and Control App for user management and data usage monitoring, free from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store
- Web interface via any connected browser by address 192.168.1.35
Internet Data Speeds
- Up to 384 Kbps download & 240 Kbps upload (Standard TCP-IP)
- MAC address filtering
- Wi-Fi password control
- Firewall Presets – Controlled from web interface
Battery, Power & Consumption
- 2.5 hours full transmit power on standard battery
- 8 hours standby time
- 100-240 VAC, 50-60Hz
- International AC Adapters Included
- Li-Ion rechargeable 3 Amp Hour battery
- 802.11 b/g/n up to 100 feet (30 meters)
- -4°F to +131°F (-20 °C to +55 °C)
- Terminal has temperature overheating warning
- IP65 Compliant
- 7.0″ x 6.7″ x 1.2″ (179mm x 170mm x 30 mm)
- 1.95 lbs (885g)
- English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Arabic
Interface Device Ports
- Power Port
- USB Mini Port – For firmware updates only
- Micro SIM Card
- Satellite Tx (Transmit): 1626.5 – 1660.5 MH and 1668 – 1675 MHz
- Satellite Rx (Receive): 1518 – 1559
- GPS Frequency: 1574.42 – 1576.42 MHz
- FCC, CE, Industry Canada (IC), RoHS2 Compliance, WEEE, CMPCS MOU-ITU Registry, Inmarsat Type Approval, UL/IEC, UN, CE (battery pack safety).
What’s Comes in the iSavi Box?
In case you missed the video at the top of this page, we unpack and show you exactly what’s in the box.
- Wideye iSavi terminal with flip-up antenna
- Li-Ion rechargeable battery
- International AC adapter kit
- User Manual
Don’t Forget an IsatHub Rate Plan!
Widye iSavi Firmware Release Notes R1.0.2 – Released January 29th, 2015
Download the latest firmware (.zip 9mb)
Enhancements and bug fixes in this release
The enhancements and bug fixes included in this release (compared to the earlier
firmware release R01.0.1) are the following:
- Stability improvements with updated BGAN protocol stack
- Included HTTP/HTTPS hostname filtering feature to firewall
- Included backup/restore option to firewall settings
- Included warning message page when browsing web pages without active data connection
- Improved call handling by releasing an ongoing call when connected smart device is no longer within WiFi coverage
- Included improved battery charging/discharging management
- Improved satellite pointing algorithm via pointing LEDs
- Improved handling of multi-language characters when sending messages via Voice App
- Support BGAN specific error codes via Voice App
- WEB MMI login password recovery token extended to 24hrs
- GPS can be appended when sending SMS via WEB MMI
- Fixed an issue of not able to set WiFi encryption type to AES (CMP)
- Changed “Terminal to SIM” to “Terminal PIN” under SETTINGS – > Security
- Enhanced telnet security
- Other general bug fixes and improvements