Iridium 9505A Axcesspoint Accessory Bundle
The bundle consists of three components:
- RS232 Data Adapter
- USB to Serial cable
- Iridium 9505A satellite phone stand
The new Iridium 9505A USB to serial cable for Iridium AxcessPoint provides you with the flexibility to connect your Iridium 9505A satellite phone with an Iridium AxcessPoint device to establish a wi-fi hotspot.
The USB to Serial cable is designed to connect with an RS232 data adapter – which is attached to the Iridium 9505A satellite phone – with an Iridium AxcessPoint device. You must have the RS232 data adapter in order to establish a successful data connection between the Iridium AxcessPoint device and Iridium 9505A phone.
The USB to serial cable comes with a pre-installed firmware that allows customers to establish a seamless data connection between Iridium 9505A satellite phone and the Iridium AxcessPoint device.
Iridium AxcessPoint firmware must be upgraded to Version 2.6.5 for establishing connectivity with Iridium 9505A phones. The firmware and upgrade instructions can be downloaded here.
The specifications for the USB to Serial cable are:
- Smart USB to RS-232 (DB 9-pin male serial port) interface
- Easy Plug and Play Installation
- Full Compliance with the Universal Serial Bus Specification v1.1
- Supports the standard RS-232 Serial Interface
- Embedded USB drivers to communicate with Iridium AxcessPoint* and Iridium 9505A handset