Toughsat XP .98 Meter Dish – $16,999 Complete Ready-To-Go Systems
Toughsat XP 1.2 Meter Dish – $19,999 Complete Ready-To-Go Systems
Complete Systems Include Mobile Dish, Controller, iDirect Satellite Gateway and 6 watt BUC.
The Toughsat XPs are our flagship professional series mobile satellite systems that have incorporated the best of the earlier models and expand with new powerful design features that work in normal or extreme environments. Operation is as easy as pressing the “Deploy” button on the Toughsat controller. In 3.5 minutes, it will automatically create a wired or wireless high-speed network for any in-range device. Our premium grade iDirect 5Mbps x 2Mbps Service provides the speeds needed for Internet. Speak with us to learn why the Toughsat XP mobile satellite system a perfect in-field communications tool.
Toughsat XP .98 and 1.2 Meter Mobile Dish – General Features
- Complete Ready-To-Go System pricing. No other equipment needed to purchase for operation.
- Bundled with High-Performance iDirect Service providing 5Mbps x 2Mbps Internet speeds.
- One-Button operation. The Toughsat may be deployed and operated by anyone with little or no training.
- Establishes a self-contained local area wireless “G” network (100′ radius) automatically.
- Complete system pricing includes Toughsat TS1 ACU (Antenna Control Unit) & iDirect Evolution X5 Router.
- Black anodized billet aluminum construction, UV resistant plastics, sealed all-weather electronics.
- Typical seek time to find and lock on satellite and establish broadband connectivity is 3.5 minutes.
- Computer control is not required. There is no software to install on any computer.
- Both .98 & 1.2 systems have low stow heights below 12 inches. Excellent for vehicle clearance issues.
- No external equipment (including iDirect router) is required to find and peak on any Ku-Band satellite.
- No certification or licensing required for use. System may be operated by anyone.
- Dish peaking accuracy is within 0.1° with near zero play using dish braking technology.
- Impervious to magnetic interference. Search routines do not use a compass to acquire satellite.
- Autostow Feature – Dish will automatically stow if rig is moved or dish goes off signal.
- Optional UPS. A backup battery for stowing the dish if power is shut off or disconnected.
- 6 watt transmitter is standard… required for 5Mb x 2Mb plans or video streaming. (8 watt available).
- The Toughsat is capable of locking on any liner polarized Ku-band satellite in orbit.
- Modular design – components easily replaced in field, normally within one hour. Onboard sensors allow quick-search for up to 10° of vehicle/rig tilt (longer times for tilting of > 10°)
- No-backlash locking mechanisms for Azimuth and Elevation to stabilize signal in high-wind operation.
- Dish arm stabilizing pneumatics maintain radio position in high-wind operation.
- The .98m XP is operational in Cat 1 hurricane force winds of up to 75 mph (the 1.2m XP is operational 50 mph).
- The XP is operational in temperatures of -20° to 140°F (-29° to 60° C) at 100% humidity.
- The XP operates in extreme weather with an IP-66 ingress rated with IP-67 components.
- The .98m XP weighs less than 125 lbs (56.7 kg). The 1.2m XP is 133 lbs.
- Powered by 100-240 VAC 50-60 Hz with US, UK, EU, AU and Brazil plug types available.
- Optional antenna booster extends wireless connectivity up to half a mile.
- One button stowing in less than one minute from fully deployed.
- Operates globally in northern or southern hemispheres.
- Standard Warranty – 1 year parts and on-site labor.
- Extended 12 and 24 month warranties and Lifetime Radio Electronics warranties available.
- Hundreds of Ground Control certified field technicians in the U.S. and Canada for on-site installations.
- Free 24-7 U.S. based technical support from Ground Control.
|TOUGHSAT XP Specifications (1.2 meter and .98 meter systems)|
|NETWORK (iDirect Services)|
|Satellite G-18/AMC-9 Download with 6 Watt BUC||5000 Kbps|
|Satellite G-18/AMC-9 Upload with 6 Watt BUC||2000 Kbps|
|Satellite SatMex 6 Download 6 watt BUC||Up to 12000 Kbps (1.2 Meter dish only)|
|Satellite SatMex 6 Upload 6 Watt BUC||UP to 1000 Kbps (1.2 Meter dish only)|
|Satellite Gateway||iDirect Evolution X5 Router|
|Public IP Address||Included|
|TOUGHSAT TS2 ACU (Antenna Control Unit)|
|Type||Rackmount 1RU w/ Front Panel Control 12″ depth|
|Integrated Router||Cisco Linksys with 4-Port LAN.|
|Integrated Wireless Access Point||802.11 “G”. 100′ radius standard|
|DHCP||Wireless and 4 port LAN|
|Wireless Security||WPA (TKIP) WPA2 (AES) + WEP 64 and 128bit|
|NAT||Supported by included router|
|Firewall||Supported by included router|
|Port Mapping & Port Triggers||Supported by included router|
|QoS, ToS, MAC Address Clone, RIP v1 RIP v2||Supported by included router|
|Networkable clients machines||Unlimited|
|ACU Power (includes dish, router & Wi-Fi||Average 15 Watts. Max 40 Watts|
|Reflector Type||1.2 or 0.98 square meter effective area|
|Mount Geometry||3 Axis motor drive (elevation, azimuth & skew)|
|Deployment Sensors||GPS & Tilt Sensor +- 0.1°|
|MAXIMUM MOUNT ROTATION|
|Transmit Power||6 watts|
|Frequency Receive||10.96 – 12.75 GHz|
|Frequency Send||13.75 – 14.50 GHz|
|DIMENSIONS OF DISH|
|Stowed Dish Dimensions 1.2 meter||67.5″ L x 48.3” W x 12” H (172 x 123 x 30.5 cm)|
|Stowed Dish Dimensions .98 meter||59″ L x 39” W x 12” H (150 x 74 x 30.5 cm)|
|Mounting Plate…(Both 1.2 and .98 meter)||22” x 57” ( 56 x 145 cm)|
|Base Plate (attached to mounting plate)||14” x 16” (35.6 x 40.7 cm)|
|Deployed Max Height||1.2m – 68” height / .98m- 52” height (132 cm)|
|Weight||1.2m – 133 lbs (60.4 kg) / .98m – 125 lbs (56.7 kg)|
|Boom Radius Sweep. 1.2 meter / .98 meter||61” / 53” from center with 5” min. ground clearance|
|Wind Deployed||1.2m – 50mph (80 kph) / .98m – 75 mph (120 kph)|
|Wind Stowed||140 mph (225 kph)|
|Max Operational Temperature (at 100% humidity)||Operational -20° F to 140° F (-28° C to 60° C)|
|Max Survival Temperature (at 100% humidity)||-60° F to 160° F (-51° C to 71° C)|
|Environmental IP Rating (Antenna)||IP-66|
|Power||100 to 240 Volts AC, 50 to 60 Hz|
|Power Plug Types Available||US, UK, EU, AU and Brazil plug types|
|Dish Electronics||15 watts average draw. 40 Watts Max.|
|iDirect Router||75 watts average draw.|